If you’ve ever considered straightening your teeth, you’ve probably come across Invisalign. As a popular and effective alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign has gained a strong reputation in the dental industry, and Dr Pierre Dentistry is no exception. In this article, we’ll explore how Invisalign works, what it does, and whether it’s the right choice for you.
What Does Invisalign Do?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment designed to straighten teeth and correct dental issues such as overcrowding, gaps, and bite problems. Using a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners, Invisalign gradually shifts teeth into their desired position. The aligners are virtually invisible and can be easily removed for eating, drinking, and other oral health and hygiene, making them a popular choice for those patients who prefer a discreet orthodontic option.
How Does Invisalign Work Step by Step?
- Consultation: The first step in the Invisalign treatment is a consultation with a qualified dental professional, such as Dr Pierre Dentistry. During this appointment, your dentist will assess your teeth and determine if Invisalign aligners suit your specific needs.
- Digital Scanning: If you’re a suitable candidate for Invisalign, your dentist will take a digital scan of your teeth. This scan will be used to create a 3D computer model of your teeth, which will serve as the basis for your treatment plan.
- Treatment Plan: Using the digital model, your dentist will develop a precise treatment plan that outlines the exact movements of your teeth over time. This plan will be shared with you, allowing you to visualise the result before the treatment begins.
- Custom Aligners: Based on your treatment plan, a series of custom-made aligners will be produced. These clear aligners are made from a unique thermoplastic material called SmartTrack, designed for comfort and precision to straighten teeth.
- Wearing the Aligners: You’ll need to wear each set of aligners for 20-22 hours a day, only removing them for eating, drinking, cleaning and oral hygiene. Approximately every 1-2 weeks, you’ll switch to a new set of aligners, which will gradually shift your teeth into the desired position.
- Check-ups: Throughout the treatment, you’ll have regular check-ups with your dentist to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Retainers: Once you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment, you’ll need to wear a retainer to maintain the new position of your teeth. This is a crucial step to ensure your teeth don’t return to their original position.
Does Invisalign Actually Work?
Invisalign has been proven to be an effective orthodontic treatment for a wide range of dental issues. Invisalign treatment is practically an invisible way to straighten your teeth using cutting-edge 3D computer-imaging technology.
Invisalign technology takes the current and final straightened position of your teeth to map out a treatment plan that gradually aligns your teeth.
Then every few weeks, you will replace your current Invisalign treatment with a new set of aligners until you have the perfect smile of this mouth! However, its success largely depends on the patient’s commitment to wearing the aligners as prescribed, as well as the complexity of the mouth and the dental issue being treated.
In general, Invisalign is an excellent option for those with mild to moderate dental problems or crooked teeth who need teeth straightening. For more complex cases, traditional braces may be a more suitable choice. It’s essential to consult with a dental professional, like Dr Pierre Dentistry, to determine if Invisalign is the proper treatment for your needs.
In conclusion, Invisalign treatment is an innovative and discreet solution for those looking to straighten their teeth without the discomfort, cost and appearance of traditional metal braces. You can achieve a beautiful, straight smile by following a step-by-step process and working closely with a certified Invisalign provider and dentists like Dr Pierre Dentistry.